To tell story without words...

This is very interesting to make new friends, watch how they behave, what they like or what they're afraid of?
The human is an amazing creature itself, but human's soul is unique for everyone. This week I was trying to get to know my friend closer, to create her portrait without even drawing her. Yes, there is nothing impossible and the thing that I really love about it - beauty of the inside world. This is very engaging to listen how someone tells you about their hobbies, fears and favourite places. You realise  that the person shows you her inner portrait and you can imagine her alter ego.
Anyway, for such "portraits" I needed to combine different pictures, sometimes different media's, so some inspiration was essential. I've tried to create everything by myself, to think how I can show/describe her emotions and interests. Nevertheless, my biggest inspiration was Loucille Clerk and Vladyslav Yerko, whose style and works pushed me to my idea of creating particular pieces. I was also inspired by colour palette and calmness of their pictures, as my character for the project has the same calm and romantic mood. Actually Raoul Hausmann collages helped me with  combining details on my work and ideas for drawings.

Comments

Popular Posts