Who can say: "I will change the world"?

Do illustrators have the power to address and change issues which affect everyone?

I am hesitating every day about my decision to study aboard, about doing art, about communicating with the right people. But. I'm sure, everything that I do is for better, just need to accept who I am. Artists were powerful storytellers threw the ages and now they keep that responsibility to show future generations present life.
People need visualisation of everything what's going on, they need a story to believe in. So here we are ,visual storytellers - illustrators.
I am not 100% sure that everything we create can affect people, but it can make them think about important issues in the life. Nowadays we have lots of problems with globalisation, overpopulation, global warming etc.,so artists respond to all these problems and some of them are calling to produce less harm, to stop the war or abuse. This means that people will see their works and decide what to do: act/ignore. Anyway, some will do unlikely everything just to earn money, others really go threw surrounding circumstances and want society to react. We create, how people will respond is their choice.

Comments

Popular Posts